Slips, trips and falls can occur almost anywhere. In a public place there is a duty of care owed to everyone using that place to maintain the area in safe manner.

Make An Enquiry

Call us now on 061 513113, email or complete our Online Enquiry form and we will be happy to discuss your issues and explain all costs up front.

What are common Accidents in Public Places Claims?

  • Slips on wet supermarket floors
  • Trips on poorly maintained footpaths
  • Trips over manhole covers
  • Accidents in pubs and bars
  • Accidents in hotels
  • Accidents in shopping centres
  • Flight Accidents

What Should You Do After suffering an Injury in a Public Place?

  • Seek medical attention as soon as possible
  • Document the accident. Take photos and notes of how and where the accident happened.
  • Take details of any witnesses who saw the accident. Check if there is CCTV footage which may have recorded the accident and ask for a copy of the recording.
  • Report the incident to the person responsible for the area where the injury happened. For footpaths and manhole covers this is often the responsibility of your local Council.
  • Contact a specialist workplace accident solicitor for advice

One of the best things I experienced was the personal touch. It can be daunting dealing with solicitors and I never felt like a hindrance. Gary was always available on the phone and email for me and always responded very quickly. I know of an elderly person dealing with Gary who really appreciated being able to meet face to face in a place where she felt comfortable. I think both types of meetings are great as clients have various needs which were met very easily in the way SOS operates.


Friendly, easy to talk to, professional support from start to finish. The service was exceptional, communication was timely and never overbearing. Everything was explained clearly along with expected timelines for completion. The team went above and beyond to sort out any issues that may have arisen during the process. Overall, very satisfied with the service.


What we found best was the professionalism of the service overall, the confidentiality, empathy and understanding. Communication was always clear in both e-mail and in person. Response times to e-mails, and meetings, was very good. I believe your fees are very competitive, and good value for your service.


Can I make a claim myself without a Specialist Personal Injury Solicitor?

Yes you can make a claim through the Injuries Board yourself. However, the person you are claiming against (who will often be an Insurance Company rather than your employer) is under no obligation to advise you on whether any offer or award is a fair reflection on what you are entitled to as a claim for pain and suffering as well as your medical expenses and loss of earnings. A specialist workplace accident solicitor will be able to help guide you on what you are entitled to receive.


How long do I have to make a Public Place Accident Claim?

You need to make claim within two years of the accident. However, you need to notify the person you are claiming against within one month of the accident.

Make An Enquiry

Call us now on 061 513113, email or complete our Online Enquiry form and we will be happy to discuss your issues and explain all costs up front.

Explore Our Services

Advance Healthcare Directives

Business Services



Employment Law for Employees

Enduring Power of Attorney

Personal Injury Claims

Probate & Estate Administration


Make An Enquiry

“Call +353 61 513113 or your local office or complete this Short Enquiry and we will be happy to discuss your issues and explain all costs up front”


What Clients Say

Click to read more>>

Why Choose Us


We donate a minimum of 5%of profits
to charity. Learn More about our ethos here.

Helping Clients
Throughout Ireland