While vehicle drivers have insurance to cover them for injuries in the case of an accident it is rare that you will have the same protection as a cyclist. This can mean you have to cover the cost of medical expenses and loss of earnings yourself due to an accident while cycling. If another person causes your cycling accident you could be eligible to make a cycling accident claim. Compensation received can help to reduce the financial loss caused to you.
What are common Cycling Accident Claims?
- Where a cyclist is struck by a vehicle then there may be a claim against the driver’s insurance company
- Where a cyclist is struck by a driver opening the door of a parked car while the cyclist is passing there may be a claim against the driver’s insurance
- Poor road conditions such as pot holes can cause accidents that may have been avoided if the road was maintained properly by the local authority.
- Stray animals can cause accidents and there may be a claim against the owner’s home or farm insurance.
One of the best things I experienced was the personal touch. It can be daunting dealing with solicitors and I never felt like a hindrance. Gary was always available on the phone and email for me and always responded very quickly. I know of an elderly person dealing with Gary who really appreciated being able to meet face to face in a place where she felt comfortable. I think both types of meetings are great as clients have various needs which were met very easily in the way SOS operates.
Friendly, easy to talk to, professional support from start to finish. The service was exceptional, communication was timely and never overbearing. Everything was explained clearly along with expected timelines for completion. The team went above and beyond to sort out any issues that may have arisen during the process. Overall, very satisfied with the service.
What we found best was the professionalism of the service overall, the confidentiality, empathy and understanding. Communication was always clear in both e-mail and in person. Response times to e-mails, and meetings, was very good. I believe your fees are very competitive, and good value for your service.
How can you keep Safe while Cycling?
- Learn the rules of the road and follow them
- Wear a helmet at all times
- Ensure your bicycle is in good working order and regularly serviced
- Make yourself and your bicycle clearly visible with reflective gear
Make An Enquiry
“Call +353 61 513113 or your local office or complete this Short Enquiry and we will be happy to discuss your issues and explain all costs up front”